Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Wednesday Word

Good morning,
Grace and peace be unto you!

Isaiah 43:18-21 “Forget about what’s happened; don’t keep going over old history. Be alert, be present. I’m about to do something brand-new. It’s bursting out! Don’t you see it? There it is! I’m making a road through the desert, rivers in the badlands. Wild animals will say ‘Thank you!’ —the coyotes and the buzzards— Because I provided water in the desert, rivers through the sun-baked earth, Drinking water for the people I chose, the people I made especially for myself, a people custom-made to praise me.

I want us focus on two points. First, forget about the old stuff and stop rehearsing it's history. I will just talk about me so none of you get offended. I have a tendency to go over and over a situation in my head after the actual situation transpired. The after go something like. I should have said. I can't belive they said. I betcha they won't get at me like that again. Okay, maybe it's just me but I doubt it. I think these get under our skin the most and the play by play, if we are not careful, will change our attitude about the person simply by the crazy conversation in our head. They didn't have to continue the beef because it is all in your head. But the scriptures says forget it and don't keep going over it.

That takes work and discipline to stop rehearsing the wrong (sometimes real and sometimes made up) that has been done to us. In this new year we have to forget it and move to the new things God is trying to do in us, through us, and around us.

Which brings us to the second point, which is, I'm about to do something brand new. That is shouting ground right there. If you and I will stop looking at and playing with the old our Father will give us new. Cha ching. New mercy, open doors, an open heaven but we have to be willing to let go of what we had to get something new. Our hands have to be empty and our hearts and to be open. The new thing will not fit into the old space. In this first week of a new month and year, I challenge each of us to open the doors to our spirit and let out everything and everyone that has been held hostage. The weight of holding it is too heavy. Let it all go. Seek your purpose and plan minus the weight and  burden of that stuff we've been carrying.

Until tomorrow
#liveBlessed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday Motivation

Good day friend, Grace and peace be unto you! What are you manifesting on this marvelous Monday? With the new day comes new strength and th...