Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Wednesday Word

Good Morning,
I was reading through and commenting on facebook posts last night, and came across an interesting one, from a friend.  I won't go into the details but it was a video of a celeb singing gospel. This Celeb does not happen to be a gospel singer but has chosen to add it to each of her sets. I recall her saying it was important that she shares what keeps her grounded.

To that I say, What if God uses her to be the one thing someone hears that night that keeps them from committing suicide? What if that song is what drives them back to God? What if she told God, If you get me out of this I will always give you praise? I know of at least two women that are ordained ministers that still sing secular music to pay the bills. Both of which said God told them to stay.

I then began to get convicted. How often have we as "the church" condemned people and thrown them away because they did not do "church" like we wanted them to? God challenge me. How many people have you mentally thrown away because they did not fit into your box? Are you the master carpenter? Do you  get to make the boxes?

Now, are there some basic tenants to salvation? Absolutely, but there are a whole lot of things that have been placed on people that have nothing to the word of God. People have decided that this or that fits within the box they deem as their religion.

I love the Lord and church with all my heart, so don't think I am saying it needs to go away. I am saying that we need to seek God for clarity. We need to seek for understanding of his word. We truly need to be our brother's keeper, not his judge, and jury.

Have you every found yourself in error? I have and in those low times, I am so glad that God never cut me off. He loved me back into alignment. He wooed me with his compassion for me. Honey is a lot more attractive than vinegar. Lord drench me in honey.

And as always remember to...live Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday Motivation

Good day friend, Grace and peace be unto you! What are you manifesting on this marvelous Monday? With the new day comes new strength and th...