Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Wednesday Word

Good morning,
Today is Wednesday Word and want to share a little something that stood out for me at bible class, last night.

2Chronicles 7:12-15 NIV
“the Lord appeared to him at night and said: “I have heard your prayer and have chosen this place for myself as a temple for sacrifices. “When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.”

I count a real privilege when God chooses to speak to me. Here it says, that he appeared unto him. Wow, what an honor, even if it's for correction. Nobody shows up unless they are truly concerned. So the Lord shows up and says, I have heard your prayer and have chosen this place. Out of the places he chose this place.

Catch this, because chose this place I'm telling that some stuff is about to pop off, but don't get beside yourself about it. This is what you do. Humble yourself before me. Pray and seek my face. Why does he say pray and seek my face? Too often as believers our prayer is a list of wants, not prayer for direction. Not prayer that honors God and his mighty power. So he says pray and seek my face. Then turn from our wicked ways.

We don't talk a lot about repentance anymore. That whole concept of being so sorry for something that we turn from it, even when people are not around. Too often as Christians we are much like two year olds watching to see if anyone sees what we are doing. God forbid. We need to repent and stop just going through the motions and getting in our "church" stance with all of th jargon that comes along. But it is only when we have done all of the steps that he will hear us and heal our land. America we need a healing. Get back too seeking.

And as always...live Blessed share the blog with someone and encourage them to sign up.
www.sistahscanwetalk.weebly.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday Motivation

Good day friend, Grace and peace be unto you! What are you manifesting on this marvelous Monday? With the new day comes new strength and th...