Thursday, October 22, 2015

Thursday Thoughts

Good Morning.
My first thought for today is I will be so glad when the wheat (or whatever that crap is) cutting season is over because my head can not take it anymore.  LOL that was just on the top.

My next thought is. PARENTS show up to your child's parent/teacher conference no matter what. I know that it is not always convenient but it is necessary. Your, not showing up sends a message, and it is probably not the one that is true.  If your work schedule is crazy and the times don't work or you don't have transportation, cool. But call and convey that information and set up a time to talk on the phone. You are your child's best advocate. You have to be the most concerned party in your child's life. I know life can be hard, thank God my kids are grown, but parents please step up.

As a teacher, I am so thrilled when I see dads show up to conferences. It helps to break the stereotypes, especially for our children of color, not just for me but for all teachers. Children of color have it hard enough in this world lets give them every advantage that they can get and education is one of those advantages.


Finally, This week is pastoral care week. Send your pastor(s) a note or card that will encourage his/her spirit. It might not hurt to throw in a gift card to some place they like to go. So many times parishanagers take their pastor(s) for granted and think nothing about the sacrifices they make to do what they do. So, take the time out to personalize a thank you to your pastor(s) and let him/her know that you as an individual notice what they are doing, how much time they spend and acknowledge their sacrifices of time, money and family they are making to pour into your life. I know some of you all are going to say, "We just had our pastor anniversary wasn't that enough?" The answer is No because that was a collective, planned, non-personal appreciation. This should be personal and specific about how you  have been blessed by the ministry.

Ok enough of my thoughts for today. And as always I admonish you to live blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday Motivation

Good day friend, Grace and peace be unto you! What are you manifesting on this marvelous Monday? With the new day comes new strength and th...