Thursday, August 11, 2016

Thursday Thoughts

Good Morning,
In light of all of the craziness,  that is going on in this world I wanted to share a few happiness quotes, adopted from Happy Black Woman. I hope that you find something that resonates with you. #Happyblackwoman

Happiness

  • “I am a feminist, and what that means to me is much the same as the meaning of the fact that I am Black: it means that I must undertake to love myself and to respect myself as though my very life depends upon self-love and self-respect.” – June Jordan
  • “Life is short, and it’s up to you to make it sweet.” – Sadie Delany
  • “Defining myself, as opposed to being defined by others, is one of the most difficult challenges I face.” – Carol Moseley-Braun
  • “If I didn’t define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people’s fantasies for me and eaten alive. ” – Audre Lorde
  • “Sometimes, I feel discriminated against, but it does not make me angry. It merely astonishes me. How can any deny themselves the pleasure of my company? It’s beyond me.” – Zora Neale Hurston
  • “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” – Maya Angelou
  • “I will not have my life narrowed down. I will not bow down to somebody else’s whim or to someone else’s ignorance. ” – bell hooks
  • “Don’t wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you’ve got to make yourself.” – Alice Walker
  • ‎”Living in the moment means letting go of the past and not waiting for the future. It means living your life consciously, aware that each moment you breathe is a gift.” – Oprah Winfrey
  • ‎”In every crisis there is a message. Crises are nature’s way of forcing change — breaking down old structures, shaking loose negative habits so that something new and better can take their place.” — Susan L. Taylor
  • “No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow. ” – Alice Walker
  • “It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.” – Lena Horne
  • “All the money in the world doesn’t mean a thing if you don’t have time to enjoy it.” – Oprah Winfrey
  • “Deal with yourself as an individual worthy of respect, and make everyone else deal with you the same way. ” – Nikki Giovanni
  • “Trust yourself. Think for yourself. Act for yourself. Speak for yourself. Be yourself. Imitation is suicide.” – Marva Collins
  • “I define joy as a sustained sense of well-being and internal peace – a connection to what matters.” – Oprah Winfrey
  • “I think there are things for all of us to do as long as we’re here and we’re healthy.” – Gwendolyn Brooks
  • “If you don’t understand yourself you don’t understand anybody else.” – Nikki Giovanni
  • “A crown, if it hurts us, is not worth wearing.” – Pearl Bailey
  • “Give light and people will find the way.” – Ella Baker
  • “Self-esteem means knowing you are the dream.” – Oprah Winfrey
  • “Whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you’ll find that when you’re free . . . your true self comes out.” — Tina Turner
  • “Take responsibility for yourself because no one’s going to take responsibility for you. I’m not a victim. I grow from this and I learn.” – Tyra Banks
  • “Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher.” – Oprah Winfrey
  • “There is always something to do. There are hungry people to feed, naked people to clothe, sick people to comfort and make well. And while I don’t expect you to save the world I do think it’s not asking too much for you to love those with whom you sleep, share the happiness of those whom you call friend, engage those among you who are visionary and remove from your life those who offer you depression, despair and disrespect.” – Nikki Giovanni
  • “The times may have changed, but the people are still the same. We’re still looking for love, and that will always be our struggle as human beings.” – Halle Berry
  • ‎”Once we recognize what it is we are feeling, once we recognize we can feel deeply, love deeply, can feel joy, then we will demand that all parts of our lives produce that kind of joy.” – Audre Lorde
  • “Whatever someone did to you in the past has no power over the present. Only you give it power.” — Oprah Winfrey
And as always remember to ...live Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday Motivation

Good day friend, Grace and peace be unto you! What are you manifesting on this marvelous Monday? With the new day comes new strength and th...