Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Wednesday word

As we move into the holiday season let's explore this idea of thanksgiving. 

A psalm. For giving grateful praise. 1Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. 2Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. 3Know that the Lord Is God. It is he who made us, and we are hiswe are his people, the sheep of his pasture. 4Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. 5For the Lord Is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. 

When we really begin to think about how good God is and all that he has done for us, it should make you say thank you. The art of simply saying thank you has been lost among many of our youth of today. They feel entitled to the gifts/blessings they receive from their parents and transfer that to every aspect of their lives. If the simple act of saying thank you goes a long way with your friends and neighbors how much more does your Heavenly Father enjoy hearing it. Thank you.

Shout to the Lord, worship him with gladness, come before him with joyful songs. The great part is none of this requires perfection. I don't have to be in perfect pitch or even know the right words. No matter what I see I have KNOW that the Lord is good. Everything around might look dark but I know he's good. He is my shepherd and I am being guided by him. So often we use this scripture tell people to come into church with a praise on their lifts and I won't argue with that but I will ask us to explore a little deeper. I would as you to explore the idea that every door that you enter should be a place to give God thanks. If I am thankful I don't have time to be negative. I don't have time to talk about people if my mouth is filled with praise. 

Be thankful and live blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday Motivation

Good day friend, Grace and peace be unto you! What are you manifesting on this marvelous Monday? With the new day comes new strength and th...