Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Wednesday word

31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

It occurred to me this morning that this is the key to life. Seek ye firsts he kingdom of God.  Not second or third. Not after I tried everything else and it failed. Seek ye first the kingdom God. So what is the kingdom of God? Life, hope and truth. Jesus preached that he came to bring us life. It is that life that comes through him which brings us hope. That hope brings us to a place of trusting his word which is truth.

Our society is so quick to take a pill to fix  our situations, but the word instructs us to stop worrying and seek God. For years, in church, we sang the song whatever you need God's got it, but did we really believe it? If we did we wouldn't be so worried about our everyday situations. 

It goes on to say and his righteousness. So as I seek his truth, life and hope I need his righteousness around me, in me and radiating through me so that the light of God is illuminated larger than my current situation. We need to get back to seeking the righteousness of God. It is through seeking his righteousness and his word that we are cleansed from sin. As I see more of the craziness that is happening in this world. I just want to be right with God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday Motivation

Good day friend, Grace and peace be unto you! What are you manifesting on this marvelous Monday? With the new day comes new strength and th...