Thursday, November 9, 2017

Toastmaster Thursday

Good morning,
Grace and Peace be unto you!

Today is Toastmasters and I am pretty excited. I think I'm going to do a demonstration speech.
I remember the first time I did one in college.  OMG! I was so nervous. I'm not really sure why because I talked in front of people at church, but this was different. These were not the people that love and/or tolerated me.

These people were complete strangers. People that I bumped into once a week. People that I gathered with just to meet a requirement. Not the people that loved and/or tolerated me.

But these people didn't mind my demonstration speech because it came with a tasty treat at the end because what better to demonstrate that a tasty treat to people that were not the people who loved and/or tolerated me.

The person in the back who always looked asleep. Wow,  he's sitting up. I'm sure someone would have been on their phone but these were bcd  (before cell days). Lol, When I started pulling out the ingredients people started looking to see what I had brought. Remember these are not the people who loved and/or tolerated me. 

As I talked and mixed their eyes begin to fill with delight and anticipation at the great wonder that was happening before them. These people that gathered with once a week. The people that did not know me and we're not the people that loved and/or tolerated me.

To their great delight was a favorite of my aunts a cherry fluffy delight that thrilled the whole crowd. Pillows of fluffy delight. A buzz of acceptance from these people that I gather with once a week that doesn't know me. They were not the people that loved and/or tolerated me but they cheered me just the same.

Find someone to cheer today.

And as always remember to. . . live Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday Motivation

Good day friend, Grace and peace be unto you! What are you manifesting on this marvelous Monday? With the new day comes new strength and th...